Friday, December 17, 2010

Room..

Its been raining all day long...
The whole house is under darkness...
No thanks to mum's selection of dark coloured curtains around the house..
Not a sliver of light is let in without turning on the lights..
My room seems to be the darkest room with windows in the house..
With only a 2 part window facing the back of the house where less sunlight is let in and covered with a thick purple curtain letting even less sunlight in..

Not turning on the lights,
The room is very dark and has a sombre mood to it.
People who are not familiar with my room will probably have difficulty walking about,
For almost 3 years living in this house, this room is where I spent most of my time in,
Gaming,chatting,laughing,crying,sleeping,dreaming,homework, and lot s of other things,
My very own personal world where only select people are let in to share a part of my life..

Some say, the ambience of my room, so dark, is best for sleeping..
Some suggest it is a little creepy with a tinge of sinister..
But for me..the mood of the room changes..
When I'm happy, the room seems more comfortable, very airy..
When I'm not, the room is darker than before, sobre, sinister,

The recent turn of events, the emotional roller coaster ride,
The mood of the room, has turned sombre,
There's an air of despair in the room,
I spent a lot of time, thinking, about what has happened, whats going to,

I don't know why I can't just get over it...
I seem to be languishing around...
The more I stay behind these four walls..
The more I'm losing my mind..

It gets boring here,
The rain dampens the mood,
My sister keeps playing 'Officially Missing You'
The sleepless nights,
I'm losing my mind,
Behind these walls..

No comments: