Sunday, December 27, 2009

Linger...

She wore a black dress that night...
And was sitting across the room..
Along with the other girls..
Watching the couples dance..

I was on the other side of the room..
With the boys..all without a date..
And I was staring at her..
Her long black flowing hair..
Her bright eyes..
Luscious lips..

"How could she be without a date"?
That was what I thought..
She..so pretty..like an angel that fell right out of the sky..
Sitting there on the otherside of the room..
Looking bored when she should enjoy herself..

"Maybe this is my chance"
Suddenly..
I found the courage..
To walk across the room..
Towards this angel..
My hand outstretched..
"May I"?
She took my hand..

We danced..
The song's tempo was upbeat..
We were working up a sweat..
Then..then tempo slowed down..
So did we..
The song that was playing was Linger by The Cranberries..

She put her hands on my shoulder..
I put mine on her waist..
Our heads..leaned towards each other..
Our foreheads rested on each other's..
Just like in the movies...
Our body swayed to the music..
Eyes closed..enjoying the moment..

But I'm in so deep,You know I'm such a fool for you..
You got me wrapped around your finger..
Do you have to let it linger..
Do you have to,Do you have to..
Do you have to let it linger..

My lips move towards hers..
It felt so natural..
But it did not connect..
She blocked my lips with a finger..
"Will you still love me in the morning"?
"Forever and ever baby"
And we shared our first kiss together..

No comments: